Pages

Thursday 20 April 2017

AWH Blog Hop: Retiring Products

Hi!






Today I am participating in a blog hop along with the super talented ladies in the Art With Heart Team. We thought it would be fun to share some projects using our favourite retiring products from both the 2016-2017 Annual and 2017 Occasions catalogues!


Select retiring products have discounts of up to 50% off but are only available until sold out. Be sure to place orders before the sun sets on these items on 31 May. You don’t want to miss out – ask me how!
At first I really struggled with deciding which of my retiring products to use. I'm not losing too many stamp sets this year, but I am losing a lot of punches, so I decided to go in that direction. My son Hudson has a classmate that is in hospital at the moment, so I wanted to make a card for his mum to let her know that we were thinking of them.

I think the two punches featured here - Elegant Butterfly and Decorative Label - are two of my very favourites. I'm not sure I'll be able to bring myself to part with them.


I started with the Very Vanilla strip on the front of the card, and punched the Elegant Butterfly shape from it five times, making sure that I overlapped the punched holes. It was popped up on the front of the card using Dimensionals, making sure that the Basic Black Background showed through.



I then punched five more Elegant Butterflies in a mix of Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder (both retiring In Colours). After I curled the wings up a little, I adhered them in the correct spots in the Vanilla piece. Hopefully you can see what I mean in the picture! I finished the bodies with a short strip of Rhinestones. The Rhinestones are also retiring - kind of. They are actually being reconfigured, so they will be back in the new Annual Catalogue, just a little different.



I finished off the inside with another strip of the Blooms and Bliss DSP. It's also retiring, as is the Bitty Butterfly punch.


You're off to see the work of the lovely Monika next. Happy Hopping!


http://www.monstampingcorner.com/2017/04/2017-stampinup-favourite-retiring.html

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
Bye for now,
Tina

7 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely card to give to your friend to let them know you are thinking of them. I don't think I can let go of these punches either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Tina. I love the black peeking through from behind the gorgeous butterflies, and really like that the butterflies are placed a bit irregularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever way to overlap the butterflies, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes these punches are definitely keepers aren't they Tina? Love the black contrast, really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card and I love the butterflies the black behind them is fantastic. I think your friend would have really appreciated this lovely card. I love these punches too so will be hard to say goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ideas. Will be trying the butterfly card

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, love the row of butterflies and the black background of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.