Pages

Thursday 19 November 2015

AWH Blog Hop: Project Life

Hi!


Welcome to the Art With Heart Team Blog Hop for November. This month we are focusing on Memory Keeping (Scrapbooking/Project Life). We all take photos right? Well, capturing every day moments is so special and we need to document these to cherish. We are all passionate about memory keeping and we want to continue to inspire each other, and you, as we move forward in 2016!

Since 2010 I have been documenting our family life month by month.  When Stampin' Up! partnered with Project Life it made the task so much easier! A few years ago my computer crashed and of course I hadn't backed it up in a while, so I was terrified I had lost all of my photos. My month by month albums took on a whole new level of importance! Even if I'd lost my digital copies at least I still had the albums.  Thankfully a mate of Rob's was able to recover the majority of my hard drive, but the lesson was well learned.


My main focus when completing these albums is getting the photos in and the memories written down. Even as I completed this page from a year ago I was struggling to remember the event that some of these photos documented.  Thankfully I keep a written diary so it was easy to go back and fill in the blanks!


My monthly pages are very photo heavy, which doesn't leave much room for prettying up the page.  Luckily the PL cards do all the hard work for me! On this page I've used cards from the This Is The Life Collection, which have a range of bright, happy colours.


I like to use matching cards where possible, but in this case the matching smaller card didn't have any blank space for me to be able to stamp the date information directly onto it. A handy scrap of Whisper White cardstock on my desk and the problem was solved!


I used the Day To Day Project Life stamp set to stamp onto the scrap, trimmed the two banner shapes, adhered them to the card and popped it in the pocket. Easy! The whole page took me around half an hour, and most of that time was printing the photos and tracking down my 2014 diary to refresh my memory on some of the photos.


The rest of the group also have some fabulous Project Life by Stampin' Up! inspiration for you.  The next stop in the hop is Kathryn Ruddick

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

  1. Claire Daly
  2. Alisha Watson
  3. Ros Davidson
  4. Tina Gillespie
  5. Kathryn Ruddick
  6. Kate Morgan
Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous, Tina! Month-by-month scrapbooking must keep you very bust crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Tina. What special pages to look back on in the years to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you are doing with these monthly pages Tina. You certainly won't have to rely on your memory in years to come with all the information recorded.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.