Pages

Thursday 16 July 2015

AWH Blog Hop: Christmas In July

Hi!



Today some of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! team girls are presenting some fabulous Christmas projects to inspire you. This year we already have new Christmas sets to play with in the 2015 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, and some old favourites too. We also have a brand new 2015 Holiday catalogue coming soon. If you would like a copy of any of our catalogues, to attend a Stampin' Up! class or join a large fabulous group of crafty women by becoming part of the team (hobby demonstrators welcome), be sure to contact me.

So I decided to go with some old favourite stamp sets for this Blog Hop. I'm pairing them with the new Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I really love this new cardstock - it's perfect for making single layer white cards as it holds its weight well.I decided to make a pair of window cards, firstly with the Festival Of Trees stamp set and the matching Tree punch.



I started by punching the Tree shape in the front of the card.  I then masked off the bottom of the card using sticky notes that I trimmed to a curve. I then sponged over the top with Soft Sky ink and a sponge.  Finally I stamped a sentiment and the snowflakes using the spotty stamp in the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set.


I then stamped the tree through the window I'd created earlier.  It was a little tricky to line up, but the photopolymer stamps make the job a lot easier! When the card is closed you get the full effect of the window.


And that's how the inside looks.

Next I decided to use another old favourite, Wondrous Wreath, to make a second window card. This time I used the coordinating Wonderful Wreath Framelits to create my window.


I actually used a few of the Framelits on the front of this card!


I really struggled with what image to use on this inside that could be seen from the front.  The obvious answer is the flower stamp but I didn't think it would work, so in the end I just opted to stamp a sentiment that wouldn't be visible though the window unless you look at it from an angle, as it the photo.


That's it for me for this month's Blog Hop. Next you're off to Kayleen McLean's blog for lots more Christmas in July fabulousness.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
  1. Ros Davidson
  2. Rachel Woollard
  3. Tina Gillespie
  4. Kayleen McLean
  5. Claire Daly
  6. Kathryn Ruddick
  7. Judy May
  8. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
  9. Kate Morgan 
Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Love both these cards, but especially the soft blue colours on your first one - so pretty, yet calming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Tina. I love the softness of the blue in the Festival of Trees card and the brightness of the Wondrous Wreath card, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking cards, Tina! You've shown off the new thick white card stock beautifully with your clean and fresh designs. I love the retro feel of the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your window cards, Tina and the soft colours of the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "peek a boo" cards Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards - so economical when doing 50 Christmas cards to have a single layer. Very clever designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina, I like your idea of having the image/message on the inside of the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.