Pages

Sunday 4 December 2011

The Nicest Things Card

Hi!

I've been showing you a lot of male cards this week, so I thought I'd balance that out a bit by showing you a girly card I made for one of Ada's friends who was turning 6.  She and Ada are very good friends, so I thought the main image from The Nicest Things stamp set would be perfect for the card.


I stamped it on some watercolour paper and coloured it using my inkpads and blender pen.  It was a little while ago and I forgot to write down the colours at the time, so I can only guess at what I might have used.


I think that on the blonde girl I used So Saffron and More Mustard for her hair, Wisteria Wonder and So Saffron for her dress and Blushing Bride for the skin.  On the Brunette I used More Mustard and Chocolate Chip for her hair, Lucky Limeade for her dress and More Mustard for her basket.  The ground was Lucky Limeade and I think I used Rose Red for the apron and the flowers.  It may be Melon Mambo though!


I wasn't entirely sure about the Lucky Limeade/So Saffron colour combo for the card, but in the end I like the softness of the colours.

Stamps: The Nicest Things, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink: Stazon, Versamark and the colours listed above
DSP/Cardstock: In Colour Lucky Limeade Patterns Stack, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper
Other: Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Blender Pen, White Embossing Powder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips

Tomorrow I have a new layout for you for the December Stamp A Memory challenge.  I hope you can find a moment amongst the Christmas preparations to play along!

Catch you later,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.