Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

Farewell Sweet Sugarplum

Hi!

I think that of all of the colours about to retire, Sweet Sugarplum would have to be one of my favourites. It's a gorgeous, dusky pink that works beautifully with a range of other colours.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

This card is a CASE of this card made by Dawn Olchefske. I liked it a lot, so I didn't really change much. It's teamed with Soft Sky (also retiring), Very Vanilla and Silver.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

I left off the sentiment, as I preferred it without. I also stamped the starry swirl on the base card for a little extra something.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

The swirl was also stamped on the inside, but this time in Soft Sky. It's a great backdrop for the sentiment. I love the way it follows the slant of the swirl!

I have a second card for you today, also using Sweet Sugarplum. This time I've used it to colour some Embossing Paste.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Embossing Paste

It's such a fun trick, to be able to colour the paste.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Embossing Paste

The flower was watercolored using a mix of Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Embossing Paste

Will you miss Sweet Sugarplum? Is it a colour you've used a lot over the past two years?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.