Pages

Thursday 2 November 2017

JAI #384: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!

Is is really Friday already? Where did this week go?


It most certainly is Friday, which means it's Just Add Ink challenge day! This week we have an Inspiration Challenge, suggested by the lovely Jan.


Come on peeps - put aside the Christmas stuff, and get that Daisy punch out again!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Daisy Delight, Jar Of Love, Sunshine Sayings

I really love the Inspiration photo, but had absolutely no idea what I was going to do for it. After pondering for a few days, I happened across a 'reject' on my craft desk. It was the watercolored panel underneath the daisy. It was a test piece for an ATC swap I'd done recently, but it hadn't quite turned out the way I'd hoped. Luckily for me, instead of chucking it as I'd usually do, I put it aside.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Daisy Delight, Jar Of Love, Sunshine Sayings

The panel is Dapper Denim ink on Glossy cardstock. It warped a little with the water, so I mounted it on some Thick Whisper White card to help straighten it out. I really love the imperfect, blotchy look of the panel. The silver Faceted Gem was coloured with a Copic marker in the closest colour to Dapper Denim that I had. I think I used B97.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Daisy Delight, Jar Of Love, Sunshine Sayings

I was really stumped with how to do the inside. I couldn't really replicate the glossy panel on the front, so in the end I went for super simple, to match the CAS look of the front of the card. I like how it turned out.

The Design Team have created a fabulous set of cards this week. Everyone has such a different take on the same picture, which is fabulous! You can see everyone's cards over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link your card.

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. This is super pretty Tina! Your shiny water coloured panel is fabulous and I love how life like your daisy colours are and the coloured gem is a stunning centrepiece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love when a reject finds a good home. I love the sweet simplicity of your card & the happy little daisy in the centre is just right. Great tip about colouring the gem centre. Really works great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply elegant Tina. I love the watercoloured background - thank goodness for rejects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.