Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2017

AWH HOC Week 18

Hi!

My apologies for the silence on my blog lately. I've had a couple of minor, and thankfully fixable, health issues, and as well as sucking away my energy they seem to have sucked away my creativity. I'm on the mend again, just in time for this week's Heart Of Christmas blog share. I missed being able to play along last week, so I'm glad to be back in the swing of things this week.


One of the first things I saw in the new Holiday Catalogue was the Brightly Lit bundle, which included the fabulous lamp post stamps and dies. I immediately thought of Narnia - we are all big fans in this house! The bundle, and Christmas Around The World DSP, found it's way to my house, but after that I was stumped. In the end I decided to make a simple Christmas card featuring the lamp post dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Brightly Lit, Christmas Lamppost Thinlits, Christmas Around The World

One of the things I decided to do on this card, was to have the DSP go edge to edge, rather than the card base forming a mat. When I do this, I always cut my card base to be 4" wide rather than 4 1/8", as it's more cost efficient to cut your DSP 4" rather than 4 1/8" to cover the whole front. Cutting it to 4" means you can get 6 fronts out of one sheet of DSP rather than 4.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Brightly Lit, Christmas Lamppost Thinlits, Christmas Around The World

I popped up the main part of the lamp post BEFORE I realised how tiny I'd need to cut my Mini Dimensionals in order to pop up the lamp post arm (I wonder what the correct name is?). I think I cut each Mini Dimensional into 4 tiny strips to be able to fit under the dis cut and not be seen. I'm pretty impressed with that effort!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Brightly Lit, Christmas Lamppost Thinlits, Christmas Around The World

Another lamp post and banner completes the inside. I'm really looking forward to having a bit more of a play with this set now that my mojo is slowly returning!

Why don't you pop on over to Claire's blog now? You can find links to the rest of the team there.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Oh Tina what a lovely card, it is really sweet. Glad you are on the mend, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that lamp post too, it stood out to me in the catalogue, however I am yet to purchase it. I love the simplicity of your card and great tip on the cutting of the DSP! Glad to hear you are on the mend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Tina, love your colour choice and the lam post set is gorgeous and the inside of your card is so pretty. Im a big fan of Narnia too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina your card is very reminiscent of Narnia and takes me back to my childhood. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card Tina! I like how the colour choices and how the greeting really pops. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Heart of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, I love this simple and sweet card and your tip on getting the most out of our DSP - and I really love the look of no matting on this card, it works so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity and elegance of your card, Tina and a great colour combo. The greeting really adds pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.