Pages

Monday 28 August 2017

Traditional Scrapbooking with Memories and More

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago I had a little burst of scrapbooking inspiration. Today I have the second of the layouts that I made. It's a traditional page, but I've used our new pocket scrapbooking products for it. In this case, I've used the Perfect Days Memories and More pack, which coordinates beautifully with the Naturally Eclectic DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Perfect Days M&M, Naturally Eclectic DSP, Jar Of Love, Scrapbooking

This layout records the day that my daughter and her BFF spent the afternoon not just horse riding, but doing everything horse related - they fed them, cleaned the tack, groomed the horses and learned how to lead a horse. That's why I called it "The Whole Shebang". The girls had only ever rode a horse before, but are very horse obsessed, so this was a bit of a treat for Ada's birthday. We kept it a huge surprise - they only found out where they were going as we were about to walk out the door.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Perfect Days M&M, Naturally Eclectic DSP, Jar Of Love, Scrapbooking

I cropped one of the Memories and More cards to fit my gap. I wanted it to match the card I'd used on the other page of the layout, but it didn't have any Emerald Envy on it. I they realised that the burlap stamp in Jar Of Love nearly matched the pattern in the Emerald Envy on the other side. Perfect! I've also used some of the stickers from the Memories and More pack. I'd sanded around the photos to give them the look of having a matt, so I did the same with the stickers.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Perfect Days M&M, Naturally Eclectic DSP, Jar Of Love, Scrapbooking

To give a bit more of a country feel to the page, I laid some of SU's long retired Hemp Twine across the page and stapled it down. Most of the loops are placed randomly (however the twine wanted to naturally lie), but in this case I used the loop  to frame Ada leading the horse. It's the only photo on the layout that's not a close up, so I felt it needed something special.

This layout was a lot of fun to create. I love pocket scrapping for the speed and convenience, but traditional scrapping will always be my favourite. How about you?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.