Pages

Saturday 12 August 2017

Scrapping With Just Add Colour

Hi!

I mentioned on my Facebook page that over the past few weeks I've been doing a huge cull of my paper craft magazines. I went through each one, ripped out the pages that interested me, and then recycled the magazines. It was a huge job, but I did it in little bits and pieces so it was more manageable. Apart from the obvious benefit of reducing the amount of stuff in my craft space, it had the unexpected effect of re-igniting my passion for scrapping. I made myself wait until I'd finished all of the magazines before I started though, because I knew I'd never finish if I didn't!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, scrapbooking, Just Add Colour SDSP

One of the things that inspired me was a layout that tore an opening in the page, and had the photo sitting behind the paper. I'd recently taken this silly snap of Alex through some leaves, which tied in perfectly with the leaf paper in the new Just Add Colour SDSP pack.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, scrapbooking, Just Add Colour SDSP

I started by spritzing the paper with a mix of Isocol and Garden Green ink. Once it dried, I held my Garden Green reinker above the page, squeezed it gently and then tapped on the nozzle to get the dark splatters across the paper. I also dripped some water onto some of the splatters to get a different effect.

I then worked out where I wanted the photo to go and poked a hole from the back of the paper. I used my fingers to widen the hole until it was the size I was after.  I curled the torn strips around a pencil so that they sat away from the opening.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, scrapbooking, Just Add Colour SDSP

I asked Alex to write some lists of things he likes and dislikes before I started the layout. I wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate these without taking away from the photo, until I had the brilliant idea of writing one little piece of information in some of the larger leaves. I really like that it's kind of hiding in plain sight! It also means I can easily add to it when I think of little bits to write about Alex Most importantly, Alex gave it his seal of approval when I showed him the page.

Hopefully I'll have some more layouts to show you I the coming weeks. I have another one all but finished, and I've printed a vintage photo to go on a third page. Stay tuned!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.