Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

AWH HOC Week 12

Hi!

I'm very excited to show you this week's Art With Heart, The Heart Of Christmas cards. Did you notice I said cards, not card? That's right, I have two cards this week!


I'm also excited because I made the cards using a new bundle from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue. As soon as I saw the bundle, I fell in love and just had to have it! It's called Hearts Come Home, and you can find it on page 39 of the Holiday Catalogue.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSP

The card I made first is a CASE of a card on page 47 of the Holiday Catalogue it uses a different stamp set and DSP, but I loved the layout and colours, so I used them on my card. The DSP is a lightweight Specialty pack called Merry Music SDSP, and it's lovely - lots of Christmassy music designs, and you get 24 sheets in the pack.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSP

I love the Edgelits in the bundle, that you can use to create layered scenes on your card. I've just used part of one for my card. I used the marker to rubber technique to colour my sentiment.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSP

I've carried many of the same elements to the inside of the card.

Now for the second card - it's a stepped up version of the first card.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSP

I've used many of the same things, just added to them - the scalloped layers under the main panel and the DSP, for example. They would also look amazing in Cherry Cobbler, I think.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSPThe die cut house is where I went a little mad! I cut the house and tree again in Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight, and then used all the little bits you'd usually throw away to fill in the design. Very, very fiddly, but I love the look!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Christmas, Hearts Come Home, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Merry Music SDSP

I also stepped up the inside by adding another scalloped layer, and by making the sentiment multi coloured. Most of these stepped up bits are quick and easy to do, making the card easy to mass produce if you desired. Maybe not the house bit though!

You can see what the rest of the team have created this week by visiting Claire's blog. You'll find all the links there.

Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. Tina I love both versions of this card but I don't think I'd have the patience to include all those tiny pieces, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions of this card Tina, especially the stepped up one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are adorable, Tina! Can't wait to have a play with this cute bundle of products ... love what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are lovely, Tina. The extra details on the inside of the second one are very sweet. I love this bundle too and can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards with all the versions and the colouring is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards Tina. And as always the inside of them look great too. Your tweezers must have had a workout adding all those tiny little inserts on the house. Beautiful cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the colour choice and your stepped up version feels so warm with the lights on at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is awesome! Love how you have included the stepped up version. They are both fabulous cards. Thanks for playing along with Heart of Christmas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are stunning! I love the colours you have chosen and all the details. This set is definitely on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Tina your card is so pretty and just a nice on the inside, l love the christmas sentiment your chose, I do love the the second card a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.