Pages

Thursday 27 July 2017

AWH Blog Hop: Favourite Colour Combination

Hi!

It's time for the monthly Art With Heart Blog Hop. This month is a fun one, and I'm very keen to see what the rest of the team has created!


The Art with Heart Team ladies are selecting their favourite colour combinations to share with you tonight. Choosing the right colour scheme can be essential to your design and with Stampin’ Up!'s stunning collection, there are 50 colours to choose from. There’s sure to be some combinations that work really well together and you can take inspiration from.
Now sit back and enjoy some time out of your day to cruise through our blog hop and soak up some colour explosion eye candy!

If you're a bit like me, choosing a favourite colour combination is a bit like choosing a favourite child - it depends on the time of the day, the mood of the children, my mood.... I could go on! I've been on a bit of a vintage roll lately, and using a lot of Tranquil Tide. It's one of the colours that I thought was yucky when I first saw it, but I'm a total convert!
As you can see, this time around I've paired it with Fresh Fig, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla to create my card.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Fresh Florals DSP, Sheet Music, Flourishing Phrases, Tranquil Tulips, Timeless Textures

You may notice that the pattern in my Fresh Florals DSP doesn't look white, as it should. I used a clever trick for 'ageing' it - I used my sponge brayer to roll over some Crumb Cake ink. It works a treat for subduing the white in the pattern.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Fresh Florals DSP, Sheet Music, Flourishing Phrases, Tranquil Tulips, Timeless Textures

The tulips were stamped in Fresh Fig onto some scrap Very Vanilla, fussy cut and then popped up on Dimensionals. I used my new Sheet Music stamp on the oval, and then went around the edge using one of the stamps in Timeless Textures. I also used the stamp to go around the edge of the sentiment panel.

Stampin' Up!, scissorspapercard, Fresh Florals DSP, Sheet Music, Flourishing Phrases, Tranquil Tulips, Timeless Textures

I think the inside is one of my favourite parts of the card. I selectively inked the Sheet Music stamp, and then pressed parts of the cardstock onto the inked stamp while holding up the rest of the cardstock. I used my fingers to press the cardstock to the stamp so that I got a soft edge to the stamped image. I sponged a little Crumb Cake ink over the top, and then stamped the stamp from Timeless Textures along the edges.

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented Kathryn Ruddick. 



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:



10 comments:

  1. Tina your card is stunning!!! love the vintage feel of your card, colours are gorgeous and so much beautiful detail on the inside, really love this look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I love your vintage style card. I admire anyone who can create this style and you have done an exceptional job. The inside panel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina I absolutely love this card it is simply stunning inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage feel of your card Tina and your top tip for aging the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the vintagey look of your card, Tina! I'm a Tranquil Tide convert, too, after disliking it at first, LOL. Gorgeous card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Thank you for these tips, I can definitely see myself using these ideas on my project life cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Tina. Soft, mellow and a great vintage look to it. The inside is just as beautiful and I can see why it's your favourite part of the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina, this card is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Great color combo and I especially love the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Tina - I love anything that has been "aged" with crumb cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.