Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

A Daisy Windmill

Hi!

After I returned from On Stage in Perth, I was showing my class ladies some photos I'd taken of the Inspiration Boards. They saw a card made by Kelly Kent to showcase the Daisy Punch, and straight away asked if they could make it in class.


I was keen to do it, especially as we'd been doing a bit of work with the Sponge Brayers, and this was a good way to show them how to do a panel with three colours. We used Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach and Watermelon Wonder to create the stunning background.


I pre-cut all of the pieces for the windmill, so that everyone just had to glue down the bits. The windmill blades where made by punching the daisy twice and then trimming with two different circle framelits to crop them to the correct size. Kelly is so clever to think of this!


We finished the inside by carrying over the silhouette look. I was really struggling with what to do, when Rob suggested I do a fence. I wasn't sure what to use to get the look, but after a quick flick through the catalogue I decided the stamp from Timeless Textures would be fabulous for the wire fence. I think I should have flattened the ends of the Classic Label punch, as it looks a little to picket fence rather than farm fence. Next time!

You can see Kelly's card at the end of this post. There are heaps of gorgeous cards using the Daisy bundle in her post, so it's well worth a look.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.