Pages

Thursday 21 May 2015

AWH Blog Hop: Farewelling My Favourites

Hi!


Today I bring you another AWHT blog hop with some of the awesome ladies in the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! Team. Today our focus is on our Favourite Retiring Product!


For my projects I decided to focus on the Flashback DSP.  It's a fabulous paper pack to use for slightly grungy male cards, as many of the pages have a distressed look.


I mostly like to keep male cards bold but clean and simple.  In this case I use the retiring What's Up punch to bracket the sentiment.  To do this I slid the DSP into the punch far enough to punch only the fatter arrow shape, and then repeated for the other side.


The sentiment is from another retiring stamp set/framelits combo: Just Sayin' and the Word Bubbles framelits.  I'm really going to miss the word bubbles - they are a lot of fun to use on cards!


To finish off the card I used the punched out pieces from the front and an old favourite (thankfully not retiring) Sassy Salutations.


On this card I have also used the Flashback DSP.  I wanted to make another male card, but a little more stepped up than the first card.  I decided to use the retiring Triangle punch to create a subtle feature that would help ground the sentiment panel. The geometric look of the triangles is fab on a male card.


The stamp set I used is from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit, which is retiring. I used my Real Red and Pool Party Stampin' Write markers to colour the image before I stamped it.


The inside was finished off with some more DSP and Triangles.  I also used another stamp from the Hip Hip Hooray set.

Let’s keep this blog hop hopping. Next up we have the amazing Genna Gifford.

http://thestampersmess.com/2015/05/farewell-to-my-favourite-blog-hop/

Sorry, Blogger isn't playing nicely and allowing me to add the link to Genna's blog on the image.  Just click here instead.

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

1. Judy May
2. Tina Gillespie
3. Genna Gifford
4. Ros Davidson
5. Claire Daly
6. Nikki Sadler
7. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
8. Kayleen McLean
9. Kathryn Ruddick
10. Jenny Van Dijk
11. Kate Morgan
12. Rachel Woollard
13. Barbara Lindsey

10 comments:

  1. Love the cards you have made - beautiful colour combo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine cards, Tina. Love the clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I am definitely going to miss the What's Up! punch too - I use it lots for Project Life so it's a keeper for sure. You cards are awesome, especially that second one! LOVE it! The colours, but particularly how you have used the triangles as a border.Lovely to have you along on the team blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina, I love the clean lines of your cards, and I'm kicking myself for not buying some of those punches you have used. Serves me right for having no vision doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tina, I love seeing others making masculine cards are yours are no exception! I have to say I love the blue card with the triangles, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Groovy baby! I love your clean, retro styled cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Tina. I especially like how you used the punched arrows inside the first card; love that detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the DSP Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bother, maybe I should have got that triangle punch too! But who would have guessed it would retire after only one year? Great masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those cards, Tina, especially the first one. Uncomplicated, but nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.