Pages

Thursday 17 May 2018

JAI #409: Just Add Eclipse Technique

Hi!

Hooray for Friday! Are you as excited as I am? The Royal Wedding is in less than 48 hours!


Let's pass the time waiting by checking out the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rachael has challenged us to add the Eclipse Technique to our cards.


The Eclipse technique has been taking the paper crafting world by storm - it's so popular lately! Never heard of it? You basically die cut over the top of a stamped image. Easy!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Simon Says Stamp, The One With All The Stamps, Lovely Words, Stitched Shapes, Double Stitched Rectangles

I just can't resist a lot of pop culture stuff, and when I found these Friends stamps by The Ink Road, they found their way into my shopping cart and in the post to my house. The set is called 'The One With All The Stamps', how cool is that? They are a whole lot of individual stamps that I used to make one big background. I placed the cardstock in my Stamparatus then laid the stamps all over and played until I was happy with the placement. I then used the Stamparatus plate to pick them all up, inked them and stamped all in one go.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Simon Says Stamp, The One With All The Stamps, Lovely Words, Stitched Shapes, Double Stitched Rectangles

To create the Eclipse effect, I die cut the 'friend' (what else?? LOL) from Lovely Words and then cut around the oval using a Stitched Shapes oval. This piece was then popped up using Mini Dimensionals. Can you see your favourite Friends quote on the front? How you doin'?, or Oh My God! would have to be some of the classics, and they are both on there.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, The Ink Road, Simon Says Stamp, The One With All The Stamps, Lovely Words, Stitched Shapes, Double Stitched Rectangles

I kept my two favourite stamps for the inside. I always longed to catch up with friends and drink a cuppa on that lounge. What about you?

I may have also purchased Pitch, Please from The Ink Road, so keep an eye out for that set in the future!

Now, we are just that little bit closer to watching the wedding of the year, but there's still plenty of time to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to check out the rest of the Design Team's cards. Will you craft while you watch the wedding? I will be sipping tea and eating scones with some of my friends. Can't wait!

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun background, Tina! Loving all the Friends quotes. Super cool and super fun! The stamping and colouring on the inside of the card is just a fabulous! Love it! Rochele xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so fun & really makes me smile, Tina. Such a clever way to create an eclipse and those sentiments are brilliant... and the couch & sentiment inside! Love!
    Hugs,Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina - I really like your monochrome card! The background sayings are fun, and the eclipsed element really stands out! You have inspired me to try my hand at a floral version with a busy background. Thanks! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.