Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2018

SIP #146

Hi!

I'm back with another challenge card. This challenge site is a new one to me, I hadn't heard of it before I saw a card on FB that mentioned the site, so off I went to have a look. They just started a new challenge last night, which suited me perfectly. The team at Stamp, Ink, Paper are challenging us to make a card with a food or drink theme.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Stamp Ink Paper, Cool Treats, Eclectic Expressions

Once again, I went digging through my pile of retiring stamp sets for inspiration. I was tossing up between Cool Treats and Mixed Drinks, but I really wanted to try a 'wreath' card on my Stamparatus, so Cool Treats won the contest.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Stamp Ink Paper, Cool Treats, Eclectic Expressions

It's kind of hard to explain, and there are plenty of videos out there to watch, but you draw a template with two squares of equal sizes, overlapping with one turned 90 degrees, so you get an 8 pointed star. You then lay a piece of cardstock, cut to the same size as the square, over the template. I started stamping with the icy pole stick. I set it down so that it lined up with an imaginary line that ran from the centre of the cardstock to the corner of the cardstock. As you stamp, you then turn the cardstock so that the corner shifts to the next point in the star. LOL, you really should watch a video!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Stamp Ink Paper, Cool Treats, Eclectic Expressions

I used Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake and Bermuda Bay on my card. My first attempt at the wreath card was a little rough ( I won't point out my mistakes!), but overall I was happy with it. I'll certainly be trying it again!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. What a cool card! I love your popsicle wreath! Perfect choice for our Food & Drink Challenge! Blessings and thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, paper this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.