Pages

Monday 16 April 2018

CTC #174

Hi!

One of the things I love most about the school holidays is the lack of places to be! The kids and I like keeping the holidays fairly low key to allow the batteries to recharge. All this means that I usually get a lot more time to stamp during the day, allowing me to take part in some challenges.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden DSP, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughtful Banners

Today I'm joining in with the CASEing The Catty Challenge. This week they are challenging us to recreate a card from either the Memories & More or Hostess sections of either the Annual or Occasions catalogues. After a quick flick through both catalogues, the card that most caught my eye was the Feathery Friends card on page 220 of the Annual. I don't have the Feathery Friends stamp set, so I decided to substitute with another of the Hostess sets, Tranquil Tulips.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden DSP, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughtful Banners

The DSP background is from the Petal Garden DSP stack. This is one of my favourite designs from the pack, which pretty much means I've hoarded it until that end of catalogue must use it up panic sets in. LOL!

The tulips are stamped in Sweet Sugarplum. I wish you could see the card yourself, because it's much nicer than it looks on screen. My photo editing program and I just couldn't get the colour any truer.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden DSP, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughtful Banners

I stamped the tulips again on the inside. It's really hard to see, but I also sponged around them in Pool Party ink, just like I did on the front panel. It's a lovely sky effect, and finishes off the card nicely.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.