Pages

Thursday 5 October 2017

JAI #380: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Welcome back to another week of challenges!


This week at Just Add Ink Narelle has designed a fabulous sketch. It's a lovely, simple sketch, which means there's lots of room for interpretation. I've loved seeing the cards that the rest of the Design Team have created, and I'm sure you will too.

What do you think? Love it as much as I do?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet Stamp Shop, Copics, Timeless Textures

I recently purchased some Harry Potter inspired stamp sets and have been waiting for an opportunity to play with them. As soon as I saw this sketch, I realised that the long, thin element could be a line of footprints, and the card grew from there.

Harry was coloured using my Copic markers, and then I stamped the rest of the card using my SU inks. As well as the Harry Potter stamp sets, I also used Timeless Textures to sort of replicate the look of the Marauder's Map. I was pleased with how it turned out.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet Stamp Shop, Copics, Timeless Textures

Now, you may notice that I haven't shown a picture of the inside of the card - that's because it's not done yet. It's the first week of the school holidays here, and the kids are keeping me very busy. One of the Harry Potter stamp sets included a Hedwig stamp, so I intend to include her on the inside. For those not in the know, Hedwig is Harry's pet owl.

EDIT: Here's the inside!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Sweet Stamp Shop, Copics, Timeless Textures


You can join in with the fun this week over at the Just Add Ink blog. Head on over there to see what the rest of the Design team have created, and to link your card for the sketch challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha love this. Those little footprints....too cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute stamp set. Love the footsteps across the card! Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolute delight to both card makers and Pottermaniacs! And if you're both, like me, then ... wow, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Tina! Your background is a delight with all the layers of footprints and map details and young Harry so cute!! I’m sure this brought squeals of delight from the recipient:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, Tina, using the footprints to match the sketch & creating a map. What Potter fan wouldn't love this gem.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I solemnly swear this is the cutest card ever, Tina! I love the Marauder's map footprints - so dang cute! Hedwig and Harry are wonderfully coloured too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.