Pages

Wednesday 13 September 2017

AWH HOC Week 16

Hi!

Welcome back to week 16 of The Heart Of Christmas! I'm once again hosting this week's round, as Claire is with her family. I hope you're being inspired by our Christmas cards to get started on your own - slowly but surely Christmas is coming!


This week I have made a fairly simple card, using the new Merry Music SDSP. It's a fabulous pack that I have found my self reaching for over and over again.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Carols Of Christmas, Merry Music SDSP, Star Of Light

How cool is this way to add colour to the DSP? The pack is entirely white and black, but there's nothing stopping you from adding some colour. In this case, I used my sponge brayer to roll on some Garden Green ink. I wanted the ombre look, so I rolled up from the bottom each time, allowing the colour to fade away the closer I got to the top of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Carols Of Christmas, Merry Music SDSP, Star Of Light

Aren't these large sentiments fabulous? I like that this one has a bit of a curve, so it's less obvious if your stamp it a little crooked!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Carols Of Christmas, Merry Music SDSP, Star Of Light

I originally only intended to stamp a few of the little twinkles around the inside sentiment, but once I got going, I couldn't stop!

Thanks for stopping by again. Here's the links to the rest of the team that are participating today. I'm sure they'd love it if you popped over to their blogs to look at their gorgeous cards and to give them a little comment love.

Kate Morgan

Ros Davidson

Caroline Manwaring

Rachel Woollard

Andrea Roberts

Monika O'Neil

Bye for now,

Tina


5 comments:

  1. I love this idea Tina, great use of that DSP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Tina! Your spongeing is a great way to alter the DSP. Thanks for stepping up to host the HOC for the team while I was interstate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for sponging Tina! I also love those twinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina, what a great tip, I have this paper but did not think to colour it, looks fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Tina, I love that DSP too but I hadn't thought to colour it! Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.