Pages

Sunday 2 October 2016

Summer Christmas Cards

Hi!


I really love Christmas - it's such a fabulous time of year! There's a lot to do to get ready for the big day, but once it's all done the best part is sitting back and relaxing with family, laughing and enjoying being together. One of my favourite things about Christmas, though, is that it's summer! Lots of that relaxing happens around the pool with a cool drink in hand and kids playing and splashing in the water.


I was recently introduced to Paperless Post, who were looking for bloggers to design their ideal Christmas card for a summertime Christmas celebration. Summery Christmas cards aren't something I do often, so I was excited to give this a go! I ended up having so much fun that I created three different cards.


The first stamp set I reached for had to be Day At The Beach - is there any other more perfect stamp set for this task? I was a little stuck for summery Christmas sentiments, so I  asked a group of f ellow demonstrators and they helped me out for the first two cards.



LOL, I really loved this first one - Let It Snow.... Elsewhere. So apt for Australia! I sponged this card, using sticky notes to mask off the horizon and the shoreline. Can you see the 'foamy' sea on the shoreline? I stamped over the top of the sponging with Whisper White craft ink and the little splatter stamp from Swirly Bird. I quite like the effect!



I used the Labeler Alphabet stamp set to create my custom sentiments for this card.



One of my other demonstrator friends helped me with the sentiment for this one - I love the play on words! I'm really loving the cards you see around that are a wreath of flowers and foliage around a sentiment. I decided to use that concept, but to replace the flowers with summery images.



I once again used an alphabet stamp set to create the custom sentiments. They come in so handy! This card was quite large (5 1/8 inch square) so I was able to use the slightly larger Brushwork Alphabet stamp set.



I think this last card might be my favourite of the three. It's a smaller, notecard sized card, and I love how the red sunglasses take centre stage.




I've never used a hashtag in my life, but I just had to include one on this card.




Here are the three cards together.  All so different, but all use the Day At The Beach stamp set to create summery Christmas cards.


Thanks so much to  Paperless Post for having such a great idea - I had a blast doing it!


Bye for now,


Tina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, congratulations on creating for Paperless Post, I have used them previously as do some of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the cards, I especially love the "wreath " looking one. Where did you find the wording and images?
    TFS, Carole Lovill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole! Thanks for the lovely comment. The wording on the cards was brainstormed in a group of stamping friends. The wreath card was made using a Stampin' Up! set called Day At The Beach. I believe that it's only available in the South Pacific.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.