Pages

Thursday 20 October 2016

AWH October Blog Hop: Designer Series Paper

Hi!






Today some of the Art with Heart Stampin’ Up! team girls are sharing some wonderful ideas to inspire you with our Designer Series Papers. This month is the start of the new Stampin' Up! year and we have a special promotion on our Designer Series Paper, buy 3 get 1 FREE for the month of October and there is no limit!





I don't know about you, but I tend to be a bit of a DSP hoarder. It's just too pretty to cut up! This blog hop was a great excuse though, and I only used one sheet of Floral Boutique DSP, so I still have plenty left in my stash.


I wanted to make a gift set, so I started off with some gorgeous smelling tea light candles. I cut small strips of the DSP and adhered them to the tea lights. Such a quick way to jazz up the candles! You could also use Washi Tape.



Pretty candles need a pretty box to go into, so my trusty Gift Box Punch Board came out to play. I teamed the Not Quite Navy and Whisper White DSP with Crumb Cake to coordinate with the Burlap Ribbon I used for decoration.



I made a Gift Box that was 3.23 x 3.25 x 1.75 inches in size to hold the candles. I then wrapped a length of the DSP around the box, followed by the Burlap Ribbon and finished with some Thick Whisper White Baker's Twine.



I also decided to decorate an old Mason jar I had tucked away in the back of my kitchen cupboard. I kept the decorations consistent, however I used three rows of the Burlap Ribbon, as one looked far too stingy! I had intended this jar to be used as a vase, but the recipient may have to stick to dried or fake flowers.


Finally, I made a card to give with the jar and the candles. The stamp set I used is the one that comes with the Watercolour Wishes Card Kit - it was perfect for my needs.



On the inside of the card I used a small strip of DSP to finish off the inside of the card. It's a great way to use up small strips that I would usually just chuck out.



Here are the three items together, so you can see how nicely they coordinate.

Well, that's it for me - I hope I have inspired you to chop into some of your DSP if you're a hoarder like me! Now you're off to see what gorgeous projects Ros Davidson has made for your inspiration.

Bye for now,

Tina

http://rosdavidson.typepad.com/ros_davidson_live_life_an/2016/10/designer-series-paper-blog-hop-.html

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to showcase these products creating lovely projects with candles and decorating a jar. Great gift ideas for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do like this trio of card and gifts. Very striking in this paper, especially the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful projects Tina. Such great Christmas gift ideas and that DSP works so well with the neutral cardstock and burlap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.