Pages

Thursday 30 June 2016

CASEing The Catty Again

Hi!


I had an unexpectedly free day today, so I decided to sneak in an extra entry in the current CASEing the Catty challenge. This week they are challenging us to make a card from the Love and Sympathy section of the Annual Catalogue.



I hadn't yet had a play with my Weather bundle, so I decided I'd CASE the card on the far left on page 55. I kept most elements pretty much the same, with a few little changes. I changed the blues to Melon Mambo (despite the cardstock looking more like Watermelon Wonder!). I also switched the rhinestones for clear sequins, and added an extra layer to the card.




By far, the biggest change I made was to make the umbrella 3D. It was easy to do - I just stamped and cut four umbrellas, then folded three in half and glued them together and finally glued them to the fourth umbrella. Done!




I had cut an umbrella like on the card I CASEd before I changed my mind. I really dislike waste, so it was put to use on the inside of my card with a few clouds stamped behind it. I probably should have stamped the handle in a different colour on the inside  - I will know for next time!


http://caseingthecatty.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/ctc81-birthdays.html


I had fun with my two CASEing The Catty cards this month, especially because today's was the result of unexpected time to create.


Bye for now,


Tina

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Tina for creating again this week. I like that you have made a matching insert to the card with your leftover images, and a great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cheery 3D red umbrella. A great take on the original design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 3D umbrella and cloud cut outs, Tina. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at CTC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Tina, love the extra detail with the umbrella. Thanks for joining us at CTC

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! And the extra umbrella on the inside - bonus!! I love the clear sequins too - they look really great on your card. So glad you joined in the fun at Caseing the Catty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.