Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Going Places On Your Birthday

Hi!

Today I have a card for you that I made using a heap of new products from the Occasions Catalogue. I needed to make a card for my brother-in-law for his 40th birthday, and some of the new stuff fit the bill perfectly.


I used the new Number Of Years stamp set and the coordinating Large Numbers Framelits to create the main panel of the card. I hadn't intended to use the banner, but the word 'birthday' didn't stamp cleanly, so I had to cover it up. Not a bad fix, I think!


The DSP on the card is from the Going Places DSP stack. I think this page of schematic diagrams is one of my favourite designs in the pack. Lost Lagoon and Very Vanilla are a great combo, and pairing them with Basic Black adds a bold touch to the card - perfect for male cards!


The Going Places DSP Stack is a 6x6 inch pad, fabulous for cardmakers.  I always trim one side to 4 inches first, so that when I trim the other side I end up with a narrow strip that's also 4" wide - perfect for adding to the inside of the card! The inside sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday.  I masked off the other words as I didn't want to use them on this card. My aim this year is to not have to use this 'belated' stamp again. Fingers crossed!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.