Pages

Monday 17 August 2015

Bokeh Technique

Hi!

Have you become a member of the Bokeh fan club yet? I'd seen lots and lots of cards on the web using the technique but I'd been too scared to give it a go - it looked so hard!  Then my stamping ladies asked to try the technique so I gulped and said 'sure'. I was so wrong about it being hard! It's a great technique, a little time consuming, but certainly not difficult at all.


We used Washi Tape to secure the cardstock to the work surface.  As well as giving you stability while you work, it adds a lovely white border to the piece.  We sponged Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride (I think!) ink over the cardstock and then, using various sized circle templates, sponged White Craft Ink over the top.


It's such a pretty effect!  We found that we needed to sponge the White Craft Ink on much thicker than we expected to get the effect we needed. The Congratulations was actually stamped over the top, it just looks like it was stamped underneath the White Craft Ink.


I used the dotty stamp from Dotty Angles in the same colour inks as on the front.  It's not really bokeh, but I hope you can see where I was going with it.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.