Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

JAI #266: Just Add Colour

Hi!

Gee, these weeks are flying by!  Before I'm ready, it's another Friday and time for the new Just Add Ink challenge.  This week Nikki has set a colour challenge for us.


Pink Pirouette - tick.  Night of Navy - tick.  Gold - Argh!!! I am so not a Gold person, but I guess that's what challenges are all about - pushing you out of your comfort zone.

I made this card over the long weekend when I had a few new goodies from the new Annual Catalogue to play with,


The first thing that caught my eye about the You've Got This stamp set was the fabulous crosshatch type background stamp.  I can see myself using it heaps!


The huge flower is pretty awesome too.  On my card I've heat embossed it in Gold.  It's very hard to capture in a photograph, but it looks really pretty.  I coloured the flower using my Blendabilites, but you could just as easily use Stampin' Write Markers. In fact, in some places the Blendies pulled some colour out of the embossing and muddied the pink a little.


I wasn't sure what to put on the inside so in the end I just left out a sentiment and stamped the flower again in Pink Pirouette at the bottom left.  I hope you can see it, as it's quite pale and therefore hard to photograph.

What fun will you have with this colour combo? Are you a fan of Gold or not?  Doesn't matter, take the plunge and play along - I can't wait to see what you make on the Just Add Ink blog!

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Tina! Love the embossing of that flower and the colouring is gorgeous. I'm thinking I might have to get this one to try some of that colouring myself! Love the scattering of the sequins and the navy ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Tina! Your gold embossed flower is just so soft and elegant and I love your bold navy ribbon to One! Gorgeous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina you used the gold beautifully! - love the richness it gave your flower and how it lets it pop from that pink crosshatch. The simple seam binding knot is a classy elegant way to finish the front off too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty. Love the pale pink crosshatch behind your beautiful flower. Considering you're not a gold person, I think you've used it beautifully here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous balance Tina, love the softness and bold navy ribbon detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is is gorgeous, Tina & the gold def doesn't look like it challenged you.
    Love the gold embossing with the soft pink flower (fab fussy cutting btw) & the soft blue bow. So fresh & pretty.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Tina, I love the softness of the background with this bold flower. Chantell X X

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! Love the pink in the background, behind the flower and your gold and pink flower is stunning. An amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just gorgeous Tina! I love how you've used this stamp set with all that white background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.