Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Painted Petals

Hi!

For me one of the biggest 'perks' of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is the wonderful people you meet - both customers and fellow demonstrators.  When you join you instantly become a part of a bigger group that inspires and supports you.  One of those ways is by hosting creative challenges, and today's card was made for an Art With Heart creative challenge.  Claire Daly designed a gorgeous sketch to inspire us to create.  Here's my card.


Most of the layers on the card are made from the new Painted Blooms DSP.  I deliberately cut the main Soft Sky layer to include a subtle swirl in the top left corner.  I knew that part wouldn't be covered by other layers and it adds a little something to the 'white space'.


The sentiment was made from two different stamps in the Crazy About You stamp set.  I purchased the photopolymer version as it allows for precise stamping.  I also purchased the coordinating Hello You Thinlits, but the 'you' diecut would have overwhelmed this card, so I used the 'you' stamp instead.


I love this sentiment - it's great for a Thinking Of You card to be sent to a special friend.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Tina, I love all the little pieces of the Painted Petals dsp - it's just gorgeous isn't it - so soft and feminine and yep that sentiment is perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Tina! I love how you've used the different DSP layers and colours together :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.