Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Shabby Chic Cards

Hi!

Last year in one of my card classes I had a request for a shabby chic card.  It's not a style I make often, but it is a style I enjoy doing, so I was quite happy to grant the request.


I used the Lullaby DSP pack to provide the background and colour scheme for the card.  I'm a bit of a fan of pink and brown colour schemes - in this case it was Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe.


We stamped with the two best sets for shabby/grungy cards - Gorgeous Grunge and Work Of Art.  Shabby Chic also requires a feminine touch, hence the butterflies, doily and pearl.


The inside was finished off with a sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday and some more butterflies.



I liked the card so much that I decided to make a second version, this time using the Gold Soiree Specialty DSP as a background.  I'm not sure which one I like best.  What do you think?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.