Pages

Friday 14 November 2014

JAI #240: Just Add Texture!

Hi!

On the JAI Design Team we get our challenge lists a bit in advance, which is often quite useful.  The new challenge is to Just Add Texture on your projects, and I was glad I had a bit of thinking time for this one!  Not because I was stuck for ideas, but more because I needed time to choose which option I was going to use to add texture to my project.


In the end I decided to go with a bit of 'bandage' from Rob's Halloween costume on my layout.  Rob has been planning this costume for years, but every year he leaves it to the last minute and runs out of time.  This year he got organised and was able to pull the mummy look together.  He wanted to use real bandages, but after finding out the cost he decided to make fake bandages with cheesecloth died in tea.


I pinched a short section and adhered it to my layout using a Stampin' Glue Stick.  I made sure I frayed the edges a little more before adhering for a bit of added texture.  I think it looks great!

So how will you add texture to your project?  There are a heap of options - why don't you check out the rest of the Design Team's work over at Just Add Ink to get some inspiration?  Don't forget that we also have a Design Team call on at the moment.  It's a fabulous, close team that is lots of fun to work with, so why don't you check out the requirements and apply?

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina this is perfect! I love that you snagged a bit from Rob's costume. It real ups the spooky on this great scrap page! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.