Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Happy Blooming Birthday

Hi!

A long time ago, before I started stamping, One Sheet Wonders were all the rage.  They died out around the time I discovered stamping, but now they are back, baby! lol


Stampin' Up!'s new photopolymer stamp set Flower Patch makes creating a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) a breeze! So what is a OSW I hear you ask? It's basically a whole sheet of cardstock that you stamp in one go and then cut up to make lots of cards.  You are essentially creating your own Designer Series Paper.  You can find cutting templates online, just google "One Sheet Wonder templates" and I'm sure you'll find heaps.


Once you've selected your stamp set the hardest part is choosing your colours.  I cheat a little and take colours from my favourite DSP packs.  In the case of this card I took the colours from the last Sale-A-Bration DSP called Sweet Sorbet.  Because the stamp set has lots of layered flowers I then chose a second colour to coordinate.  For example, Crisp Cantaloupe is one of the Sweet Sorbet DSP colours that I chose to use on the biggest flower.  I then selected Strawberry Slush as a darker shade to use as the second layer on the flower.  Easy!


In this middle of the card I have paired Pool Party with Lost Lagoon.  Oooh, a pool party in a lost lagoon sounds like fun! lol


This card was a class sample, and I knew that some of my ladies weren't keen on the Happy Blooming Birthday sentiment, so I also made a card using the Happy Birthday stamp from Sassy Salutations.  I like them both, but I've just noticed that I didn't put any rhinestones on the second card. Oops!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.