Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Happy Birthday Rob!

Hi!

On Saturday my darling Hubby celebrated his birthday.  He got a bit of a sleep in, followed by gifts and cuddles in bed with me and the children.  He's a bit (ok a lot!) of a superhero geek, so a lot of his gifts were along those lines.  I just had to make a card to match.  After a little bit of research I settled upon a stylised logo for the thingy that Iron Man has in his chest that keeps him alive.


As it was round, I thought that the best way to go was to make an easel card.  The colours I used are Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry.  The Cherry Cobbler looks a lot like Bravo Burgundy in these photos though!


I didn't have an appropriate superhero sentiment stamp in my collection, but that was no worry as I was able to use my Alphabet Rotary Stamp to make one instead!  The little hearts are from the Point and Click Project Life Photopolymer stamp set.


One last shot!  After I'd made it I showed it to my kids, who are nearly as superhero geeky as their dad.  Neither knew what it was, but I'm pleased to say that Rob knew what it was straight away.  He even called it by it's correct name, which is an Arc Reactor. (I only knew that because he's sitting beside me as I type and I asked him!).  The circles were made with a mix of Circle Framelits and Circle Punches.  The hardest part was working out which sizes to use!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.