Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Farewell Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel

Hi!

Today's card is a bit of a Hello, Goodbye card.  I've combined the retiring Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel with the brand new Blendabilities Alcohol Markers.  I'm so in love with these markers!  I've even started stamping images and taking them in my handbag so I can colour while I'm waiting in between appointments.  It's very addictive!


This card was another commissioned card, the request being a card for someone expecting a baby girl.  I used the Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral sets of Markers to colour the onesies.  I left the front of the card without a sentiment as I thought that it didn't really need one. Also because I couldn't think of how to get one on there without it looking a bit strange!


Here's a closer look at my colouring.  I love how you can get the depth of shading with the markers.  On these onesies I used the darkest marker around the edge of the image and shaded lighter as I got closer to the centre of the image.A bit harder on the polka dot onesie, but I think I did ok!


I rolled the whole strip of onesies and coloured most of them.  I didn't want to waste any of my hard work so I fussy cut the last one and used it on the inside.  On this image I placed the darkest colour on the left hand side of the image and shaded lighter as I moved right.  Does that make sense?


It's quite difficult to achieve the look on sections that are so small!  I really loved how it turned out, and I hope the recipient loves it too.

A bit of a whoops that I've made this post about Blendabilities rather than saying goodbye to Baby Tees.  Oh well!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.