Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

Layouts 29 and 30

Hi!

I'm a day behind with my usual Saturday scrapbooking posts.  I'll blame the school holidays *grin*.


This first layout is about the final moments of Princess Diana in Paris.  It's such a sad story.  Most of these photos were taken on the Hop On Hop Off bus tour.  The Ritz Hotel where she was staying, the tunnel where her car crashed, and the Flame Of Liberty Sculpture - the replica of the Statue of Liberty flame that became an unofficial shrine after her death.


Our next stop was the Musee d'Orsay.  The museum is housed in a huge old train station that has some marvelous architectural features.  I was a tad devastated to find that we couldn't take any photos on the inside of the building, and I wasn't cheeky enough to try to take some sneaky photos.  I did see some others being cheeky though!  I had to be content with a postcard of the inside. There were lots of steel arches filled with glass, or simply as archways between different rooms in the museum.  I'm so glad they preserved the building rather than tear it down to build the museum.  The huge clocks on the front were windows that you could look out of.  Such an enjoyable building to look around!

I was more interested in the building than the artworks, but I did see a lot of art that I liked.  One in particular was a painting of a dance teacher and ballerinas.  I remember doing a jigsaw of the same picture when I was a little girl!

I managed to get a lot of scrapping done these school holidays, so now I am nearly finished my Paris album. It's become two albums though, as there were too many pages to fit into one.  I'll be sharing all of it over the next few months.  I hope you're liking it!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.