Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Just Add Ink #209: Just Add Layers

Hi!

Woo hoo!  It's Friday and there's only one more day of Daylight Savings to go!  I'm so over Daylight Savings right now and when you add that to the end of term.... Anyway, enough of my whinging, let's get on to the Just Add Ink challenge!


This week Delys has challenged us to Just Add Layers to our projects.  I had a plan to do a layout, but time got away with me and so I went with a card. I was inspired to make it after coming across some pattern tissue paper that had been used a package my Secret Santa gift last year.  I decided I'd try stamping on some and then using the piece to make a faux silk type panel.


I really love the way it turned out!  I then used some more of the tissue to create the flower.  I simply folded some up and punched it using my scallop circle punch.  It didn't really punch too well, if I did it again I'd probably die cut the flower.  Not counting the flower, there are 9 layers on this card!  I think this fills the brief quite well, don't you?


A few more layers on the inside too :) And there's more of the off center sentiment stamping that I'm loving so much lately!!

I hope you can find time to play along with us at Just Add Ink this week - it's a great challenge!

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Tina love your tissue paper flower and your inspiration for stamping off centre the greetings etc. Lovely colour choice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love that technique you've used and the scrunched up flower looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the pattern tissue paper Tina. The result is both beautiful and elegant with a slight vintage feel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The colours you've used are so striking Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great look the stamped tissue gives Tina and the brad/candy dot flower center really catches the eye....Lovely colours and card. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.