Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

Superman Punch Art

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago we were invited to a very special little boy's 6th Birthday party.  He's right into superheroes (aren't most 6 year old boys?) and so the party had a superhero theme.  Of course I had to make a card to suit the theme.  After scouring the 'net for ideas I found this card by Caroline Bennie with the most perfectly cute Superman.


The Lego paper was from my stash, and I'd stuck it down before I realised that a blue Superman on a blue background was probably not going to work too well.  My solution was to make the moon for Superman to fly past.


I used a Circles Collection Framelit to cut the circle and then stamped it lightly with the small splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge.  I was trying give the effect of the craters on the moon.  I then created a cityscape by cutting the Basic Black cardstock to replicate buildings and using my white gel pen to add in some lights in windows.


I finished off the inside with a couple more scraps of Lego paper.  The birthday boy loved his card I'm pleased to report. Oh, and thanks to my hubby Rob for creating the logo for the front of Superman's costume.  He's a bit of a superhero nerd so I think he was the best person for the job.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.