Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

JAI 205: Just Add A Sunburst

Hi!

Before I get into it, apologies for the unscheduled blog break.  I've been in bed most of the week with a bug that the kids also came down with.  Thankfully Rob was able to stay home to look after us all.  Added to that I discovered last week that I have very low iron stores, which has left me absolutely exhausted.  I'm on the mend now, but it's going to take a while to get those iron stores up again so I really need to make sure I'm looking after myself.

Well, on to today's card, which should have been Friday's card, but better late than never.  This week it's my challenge over at Just Add Ink, and I have challenged you all to include a sunburst on your card.  As the Design Team cards have shown, there are a multitude of different ways this can be interpreted.


I mad this card with this layout of mine in mind.  Not long after I'd scrapped this layout I'd seen a similar one in a magazine, the difference being that the scrapper had cut out the spritzed section and popped it up on top of her base cardstock.. I'd loved the effect and wanted to give it a go.


I spritzed the sun and sunbeams using a spritzer that had Isocol and Daffodil Delight reinker in it.  I must have previously used some shimmer paint in the spritzer because the end result was sparkly.  One of those very happy accidents!  Once it was all dry I cut out the spritzed section, sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink and raised it all up on Dimensionals.  The cloud was made from the bubbly speech bubble from the Word Bubbles Framelits set.


I often forget that the inside sentiment doesn't need to be in the centre.  Just a habit to keep stamping it there I guess.  I decided to stamp it in the corner so that it didn't interrupt the flow of the message I wanted to write on the inside.

I hope you can join in with the fun over at Just Add Ink this week.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.