Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Layouts 5, 6 and 7

Hi!

I finally had the chance to stop and photograph more of my Paris trip layouts.  I really enjoyed school holidays, but it is so good to have a quiet house!  I can get so much more done during the day!


This layout was of our first look at the Eiffel Tower and the Seine. The photo on the bottom left was our first sight of the Tower.  Even on the overcast day it was a lovely sight. Paris is so photogenic.  There were times when we had to remind ourselves to look with our eyes and not just the camera!


Rob and I kept seeing this church tower while we were walking around in Paris in the areas near the Eiffel Tower.  We really loved the look of it, and guessed that it was medieval.  We never actually got to visit it, but upon our return I did some research and found out that it was actually built in the 1930's!  Still, it's very pretty and vastly different to other churches we visited.


We had decided that the first thing we would do in Paris was to do an hour long cruise along the Seine. We thought it would be a great way to help get our bearings and work out where a lot of the places we wanted to visit were.  It set off from near the Eiffel Tower and went as far as Notre Dame before returning to the Eiffel Tower.  It was really lovely apart from the noisy school group we shared the boat with, but thankfully we were wearing headphones for most of the way so we could listen to the English commentary.


I had to include the photo on the top right on this page.  It is the skinniest house in Paris and is barely wider than the huge front door.  The commentary said that narrow houses were built along the waterfront to minimise paying tax - yes, the houses were taxed on their width! This was one of the few surviving skinny houses, thankfully times have changed and the houses are much wider.

I'm really enjoying reminiscing while I've been scrapping.  I hope you're enjoying my layouts and stories too.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures of Paris... I enjoyed reminiscing - such a long time since I visited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.