Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

JAI Scrap #22: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

A bonus post for you this week, as it's time for the new Just Add Ink Scrapbooking Challenge.


This month Delys has given us this gorgeous sketch to work with.  I really love it and I can see myself using it again.


Remember, the sketch it a starting point - you don't have to copy it exactly, just as long as we can still see the basic sketch.


You can see how I changed bits and pieces of the sketch to suit my theme. The photo was one taken at a Narnia Exhibition we went to in Docklands, Melbourne in December last year.


I used some Thickers from my stash for the title.  You can see that I stamped some splodges under the banner.


I used this Smoky Slate DSP from the Eastern Elegance pack as I wanted to create the feel of a snowy winter.  If you know your Narnia you would know that we were photographed at the Lamp Post that Lucy found when she first ventured into Narnia.  It was cold and snowy then, hence the feel of the layout.


Narnia fans would also know why I snipped off one of the posts on the Lamp Post!  I coloured the chipboard with my Chalk Marker from the Holiday Catalogue.  I had to apply several layers to get the right colour, but it's worth the effort as it too looks lovely and snowy. I used some hand cut cardstock to create a glow for the light and more splodges stamped behind it to create a snowy effect.

I had more photos from out visit to the exhibition, so I ended up scrapping a second page for the layout.  I'll show you that another time.

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Basic Grey, Chalk Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Eastern Elegance DSP, Textured Basic Grey (retired), Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight
Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Thickers, Chipboard Lamp Post

I hope you can scrap along with us at Just Add Ink this month.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.