Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

JAI Scrap #21: Just Add Washi

Hi!

Here we are again, it's time for another Just Add Ink scrapping challenge.


This month Kim has challenged us to use Washi Tape on our layout.  It's great timing, with 2 sets of washi tape available in the Annual Catalogue and another two sets in the Holiday Catalogue. You don't need to use Stampin' Up! washi though, any washi is fine.


I just had to have the Witches Brew Designer Washi Tape from the Holiday Catalogue when I saw it.  I'm not really into Halloween, but I loved the designs on the washi. The photos of my family Trick Or Treating last year worked well with the washi.


I used Gorgeous Grunge to create my background, including stamping the lines behind the title.  I used the coordinating ABC-123 alpha stamps to create the title, which is popped up on Dimensionals.


The zig-zag washi border took me a while to create, but it's worth the effort.  I first scored a very light zig-zag line using my scoring tool and then adhered the first row of washi along the score line.  I then added the second and third line of washi to complete the border.


Here you can see that I used more of the washi to create 'hinges' for my hidden photos and journalling. I applied the washi to both sides of the photo to make the hinges a little stronger.


Well, there you go - a couple of easy ways for you to incorporate washi tape into your layouts.

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, ABC-123 Outline Alphabet and Numbers, ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet and Numbers
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, Sanding Block, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Simply Scored Borders Plate

I hope you can play along this month with us at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.