Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

JAI #168: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Brrrr! It's been a cold end to the week here in Adelaide which is perfect stamping weather.  Luckily it's time for another Just Add Ink challenge.


This week Mae has designed a sketch to inspire our projects. The Design Team have interpreted the sketch in many different ways.


For my take on the sketch I decided to make a card for my eldest son Alex's 10th Birthday.  He's a big Star Wars fan so I decided to include something from the movies on the card.


For the punch art R2D2 I took my inspiration from two different sources. You can see them here and here.  I pretty much took the bits I liked or could easily recreate with my punches form each one and combined them to get my version.  I think it turned out well!


You can see in this close up that I dry embossed a zig zag feature across the bottom of the card.


I repeated the zig zag embossing on the inside too.  Sorry for the dark photos, the weather lately hasn't been good for photography.


You can see it a bit better in this photo.

Stamps: Sassy Salutations
Ink: Night Of Navy, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Brushed Silver, Night Of Navy, Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alpha Dies (retired), Lots of Punches, Dimensionals, Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate, Sponge Dauber

What will you do with the sketch? Make sure you link up at Just Add Ink so we can all see.

Oh, I should let you know that Alex loved the card!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Having grown up with R2D2 this just makes me smile Tina. Love how you glammed it up with the silver. What a great fun boys birthday card!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! This is a fabulous idea and I'm sure you're son is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.