Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

JAI #162: Just Try A New technique

Hi!

 
It's another week at Just Add Ink, so another challenge for you. This week Delys has challenged us to try a new technique - one that you haven't tried before.  I decided to try the cracked glass technique.   You can find a tutorial for it here.
 
 
The technique basically involves many layers of clear embossing over a stamped image which is then cracked and has ink applied to seep into the cracks. I love the antiqued look it gives, like crazed porcelain.
 

I probably didn't do enough layers as it didn't quite crack the way I wanted it to, but I still think it looks pretty good!


This card was for my mum for her birthday. I hope she likes it!

Stamps: Field Flowers, Just Believe, Well Scripted (retired)
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
DSP/Cardstock: Print Poetry DSP Stack, Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Crochet Ribbon Trim, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Antique Brad

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Ooh this technique is on my list too Tina. It's just perfect for adding that extra vintage feel to Field Flowers too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot about this technique, love how you've used it with Field flowers, a great combo. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another technique which is on 'the' list but I don't think I have the patience. Your card turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.