Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

JAI Scrapbooking Challenge #7: Hidden Journalling or Memorabilia

Hi!

It's the start of another month, so it's time for a Just Add Ink Scrapbooking Challenge.

This month we are challenging you to scrap a layout that has either hidden journalling or hidden memorabilia.  I decided to scrap a layout of the MeatLoaf concert Rob and I went to last year.

Here's a closer look at the photos I used.  We had nosebleed seats, and the photos were taken on our phones so they aren't the best photos.  For me though, this doesn't matter, as in this case the story is more important than the photos.

When you untie the Baker's Twine bow you uncover a little booklet.  The first thing you see when you flip back the photos is the tickets to the concert, and my hidden memorabilia.

Then you flip over the tickets to find the hidden journalling.

I included a second lot of hidden journalling in the layout in the form of lyrics of my favourite MeatLoaf song.  The base cardstock is white, and I die cut the lyrics "I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday" in white and adhered them to the base cardstock.  I used a mix of Timeless Type and Simple Letters dies.  It is a lovely subtle subway poster effect.  I then sprayed some Smooch spray over the top to distract the eye from the lyrics so the focus is on the title and the photos.

This final picture is a bit of a tip for you.  I kept the box my Simply Scored scoring tool came in and cut off the top of the box so I could use it as a spray booth for my layouts.  I have the Colour Catcher but it is not quite big enough for a 12x12 layout.  Problem solved with my Simply Scored box!

I hope you can play along this month with the Just Add Ink Scrapbooking Challenge.  What do you think you could find to hide on your layout?
Ink: Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Silver Foil Smooch spray
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Dies, Simple Letters Alphabet Dies, White Baker's Twine, Sanding Block
Bye for now,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.