Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

Baker's Twine Blog Hop

Hi!

Well, this blog hop snuck up on me very quickly and quietly!  Funny how some months are like that...   A small but talented group of friends are hosting a blog hop today to showcase one of our fabulous newish products  -Baker's Twine.  The blog before mine on the hop was Kathryn Ruddick's, but you can stop and start wherever you'd like.  What a lovely way to spend a wintry, rainy Saturday morning.

If you haven't had a chance to play with our Baker's Twine you seriously need to get some.  It is so cheap and there are dozens of ways you can use it on your projects.  I have made 2 mini albums using twine as a feature on both.


The first album is made using the Flirtatious DSP.  It's unfinished for now, and is for my daughter.  We've been having lots of "mummy/daughter" dates lately and this records some of them. We playing on my iPhone and taking 'selfies' while we're out.  I have mostly used the Baker's Twine in a single strand in this album as I wanted a light, soft look to compliment the pretty papers.


A great way to use up some smaller pieces of Baker's Twine is to tie knots or bows around other ribbons, like I have in the photos above and below.


The second album features the Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine.  I mostly used it in three strands throughout this album as I felt it suited the darker, more distressed look of this album.


This album is also unfinished, as I haven't even decided what to do with it!  I think it may end up being an album of my husband and I.


There was a lot going on on this page, so I used the Baker's Twine in a single strand.  I used a couple of scraps of the Twine to tie on the tags.


Here I've just used a triple strand as a bow feature on the side of the die cut window.  I've only adhered the top of the panel to the page so I can slip a photo in underneath when I decide which photo to use.


I thought I"d shake it up a bit with the page below and do a triple strand with a single bow.  Not sure if I like it as much as the triple bow but it may grow on me! Again, only the top is adhered so I can slip a photo in later.



Well, that's it for me, now you're off to see the wonderful creations of Ros Davidson.

Bye for now,

Tina

Blog Hop Participants:

Ros Davidson http://www.rosdavidson.typepad.com

Christine Blain http://www.christineblain.blogspot.com

Alisha Watson http://www.ratherbstamping.blogspot.com.au

Di Dunk http://www.stampartbydi.typepad.com

Kathryn Ruddick http://www.katlodesigns.com

8 comments:

  1. I love this little album idea - what a simple but effective idea. The album for your daughter is brilliant - she'll enjoy that forever with the selfless lol and the album you and your hubby is very sophisitcated - one of my fav. colour combos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, these projects are GORGEOUS!! I just love how you've showcased the baker's twine (and lots of other beautiful products). The second album is right up my alley, colour-wise; stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tina. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you albums, are these easy to make? The colour choices that you have used are great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful albums. Such different styles and love them both. The little touches with the twine are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these albums you've shared and the way you've incorporated the bakers twine. Real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your albums Tina. Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mini albums, Tina. The twine adds a nice touch without being too fussy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.