Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Art With Heart Paper Party Blog Hop

Hi!

Happy World Scrapbooking Day!  It's also the first day of a month-long Paper Party at Stampin' Up!  To celebrate this wonderful promotion some of Claire Daly's Art With Heart team decided to do a blog hop featuring our lovely DSP.  There's a lot of fantastic scrapbookers in Claire's team so you're bound to be inspired along the way.  If you're so inspired that you'd like to join Stampin' Up! you'll find you're joining a wonderful team.  If you sign in May you'll have the added bonus of receiving a FREE pack of DSP every month until the end of the year.  Awesome bargain!

Claire's blog was the stop before mine, but you can start and stop anywhere, just keep hopping 'til you get back to where you started.

I chose the rustic Well Worn DSP to use on my double page layout.


Harvey Norman had a promotion a couple of weeks ago where you could get 12"x8" enlargements for only $1.  Hmm, I think I got 40 prints made!  Most were of my recent Paris trip, but I also threw this one in to get done thinking that it would make a fabulous feature photo on my double layout.  I loved that it has plenty of sky section that I knew I could use to place my title in.

Here's a closer look at the left side.


I love how the torn section of DSP at the bottom of the page mirrors the rough tree line and grass line in the photo.  The rustic feel of this paper makes it ideal for tearing.  I carried the same element through to the right side page.


I used regular sized photos on this side and instead of matting them I decided to sand the edges.  I love sanding my photos, and on a layout using the Well Word DSP it fits in well.  I used more of the Baker's Twine around the photo of the flowers to tie it in with the left side of the layout.  And because odd numbers always look best, I also used it on the journalling tag hidden behind one of the photos.


I also used some torn DSP on the tag to tie it in with the rest of the layout.  In case you're curious the rest of the journalling on the back reads: have been.  Rob thinks he found what would have been the garage, and an old washing machine abandoned in the now wild gardens.  it was such a quiet, pretty place and it made me wonder why it was abandoned.  We will probably never know as my internet searches have turned up nothing.

I hope you have found a little inspiration here on my blog.  You're now off to the beautiful Nikki Sadler's blog for even more visual treats.

Ink: Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Well Worn DSP, River Rock, Not Quite Navy
Other: Big Shot, Simple Letters Alpha Dies, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Circle Punch, Sanding Block, Crop-A-Dile

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Tina! Those photos and your story are lovely. It looks like somewhere special to have lived I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tearing Tina and those stunning photos. What a good idea to sand the edges of the pics - going to give this idea a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tina, I LOVE this page!!! The paper it just perfect for it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Tina - I too scrapped a larger photo - its great fun isn't it. Love the tearing and the bakers twine - perfect page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout Tina. Really like your use of the well worn paper and bakers twine to support wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos Tina and I LOVE what you have done with the DSP. Fantastic. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. great double page Tina - I don't do doubles often enough - these pages alone tell a great story and reading the journaling just completed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages Tina, funny how you stop somewhere to or from a trip away, and you find something special. Makes the trip just that little bit better to have made a discovery xx PS See you in Canberra :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.