Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

A 3D Project

Hi!

When I applied to become a member of the JAI Design Team I decided to apply for both the card making team and the scrapping team.  Part of the application process for the card making team was to design a 3D, off the page item.  I decided to alter a shadow box photo frame I bought from Ikea.  I"d originally bought it to do something for my daughter's room, but it took on a life of it's own and ended up very differently to what I'd planned.


I love how it turned out, and I think it would look great in a little boy's room.  Now I just need someone to have a baby boy so I can give it to them!

I also made a card to match the frame.


Like the frame, I fussy cut one of the balloons from the DSP and popped it up on Dimensionals.


I used the hostess set Ain't Love Grand for the inside.  Here's the two projects together.


Overall, I was very pleased with how they turned out, even if they were nothing like what I had originally planned!

Stamps: Ain't Love Grand (hostess), Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
DSP/Cardstock: Big Top Birthday DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Simple Letters Alpha Dies, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch, Blender Pen

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is just adorable Tina! It would be perfect for any little boy's room. And I love the matching card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous project, Tina and a fabulous gift for some lucky person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.