Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

Soccer Ball Birthday Card

Hi!

Today's card is another male card, but this time for a 6 year old.  The card was a commission and my brief was a birthday card for a six year old soccer mad boy.  He is a big fan of the local Adelaide United team, so I was asked to include their colours.


I decided to make a soccer ball shaped card, and after a bit of googling to see how a soccer ball was constructed this is how it turned out.  I used a hexagon punch to recreate the ball, which is not strictly accurate but it is the only way to flatten a soccer ball for a card.  The word 'six' is popped up on some dimensionals.


I used the Adelaide United colours on the inside - white, red and blue.  Their logo is a group of stars that are in a soccer ball shape, so I added the stars as the best approximation I could do!

Stamps: Curly Cute
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Not Quite Navy
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Dies, Small Star Punch (retired), Circle Cutter, Hexagon punch (non SU)

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks great = I bet the little soccer fan LOVES his card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.