Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

Layout 79: The Boy In The Box

Hi!

Waaaaaayyyyy back in January I challenged myself to complete 100 layouts in 2011.  I was going really well until November got swallowed into a black hole of sickness.  So here I am, mid way through December, and I'm up to layout 79.  Not too bad considering, but I still want to complete my challenge.  You're going to be seeing a lot of layouts before the end of the year!


This layout has been floating around on my desk half finished for about 2 months.  I had the DSP and the photos stick down, but I just couldn't finish it.  I think I was stuck on a title.  I eventually settled on The Boy In The Box for the title and then the rest of the layout was easy to finish.  It's so frustrating getting stuck on one little detail like that!


I got out an old favourite stamp set for this layout - Baroque Motifs.  It was one of the very first stamp sets I purchased, but it hasn't seen much ink lately.  I love the way the textured cardstock has an effect on the image.  I was after this rough kind of look and it worked perfectly!


The shape of the DSP came from a piece of paper I had in my stash.  I just traced it onto the DSP and hand cut it out.  I liked the curves in the paper and how they offset the angular photos and title.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Basic Black
DSP: First Edition Speciality DSP, Real Red Textured 12 x 12, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alpha Dies, Decorative Label Punch, Spiral Border Punch (retired), Small Alpha Stickers (non SU)

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.