Pages

Monday 25 April 2011

Strength & Hope for Mother's Day

Hi!

Today's card was a bit of an experiment for me.  I wanted to make a tag which I could then use on the front of a card.  I thought I'd make is soft and feminine to give to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  Here's the card I came up with.


To make the tag I cut some watercolour paper to the size I wanted and then used my Aqua Painter to give it a light wash of Blushing Bride ink and a sponge dauber to ink the edges.  I then stamped the text stamp from Strength & Hope over the tag in Blushing Bride ink, and finally stamped the Hope image and some butterflies in Sahara Sand ink.  I then stamped 2 more butterflies in Blushing Bride ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and painted selected bits with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  I also painted the H with the shimmer paint.  I used Dimensionals to adhere the butterflies to the tag.


The base of the card was stamped with the flourish and small flower from Baroque Motifs.  I also painted the small flowers with the shimmer paint.

Stamps: Strength & Hope, Baroque Motifs
Ink: Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Other: Watercolour paper, Aqua Painter, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Jumbo Pewter Eyelet, Crop-A-Dile, Sponge Dauber

Catch you later,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.