Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Jac Inks Challenge Card

Hi!

Today's card was made for a new challenge blog: Jac Inks.  The challenges on the blog are run fortnightly and the newest one is a sketch challenge.  I haven't entered one of their challenges before as I've only just found their blog.  This week's sketch was quite lovely and provided me with an opportunity to try something new.


I hadn't ever made one of the pleated medallions before.  They are so easy!  I just cut a strip of 12" cardstock 1 1/2" wide, scored it every 1/4" and pleated it.  Then I joined the ends, pushed it flat and adhered it to a circle punchie with Crystal Effects.


The birdie was sprayed with a mix of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and Isocol for a lovely subtle glitter.

Stamps: Cute by The Inch
Ink: Riding Hood Red
DSP/Cardstock: Love Letter DSP, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other: 2 Step Bird XL Punch, 1 1/4" Circle M Punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Crystal Effects

Catch you later,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. A great card Tina, love the colours and the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, and welcome to "jac-inks" Challenges. I'm so glad you found us and love the colour combo you've used as well as the lovely variety of textures and patterns in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the medallion technique Tina, I'm going to try it out! Your card is really beautiful and the bird is simply my favourite punch! Glad you found us and thanks for joining us at jac-inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.