Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Layout 16: Pony Ride

Hi!

Some more scrapbooking for you today.  I used some photos I'd taken at the Novita Christmas Party.  Novita is a wonderful charity that supports a lot of South Australian children who have disabilities.  The kids had a wonderful time doing a whole range of activities but I think their favourite was the pony rides.


I went a bit all out with the stitching on this layout!  I was trying to use up the last of my scraps of Jolly Holiday DSP so I punched a whole lot of circles.  I traced a circle template on the 12x12 cardstock several times.  Each time I moved it slightly to get a rougher look to the layout.  I then adhered the circle punchies around the circle and used my sewing machine to stitch another large circle in a straight stitch.  I also used a zig zag stitch to stitch down the circles behind the main photo and also some stitching in each corner.


I also used my colour spritzer to spritz the cardstock before I started adhering things to the page.  In a few places I spritzed really close to the page to give a different, rougher effect.  You can see this under the letter 'd' in the title.

Ink: Old Olive Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Jolly Holiday DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Die, 1 1/4" Circle L Punch, 1" Circle M Punch, Crystal Effects, Paper Snips, Sewing Machine

Don't forget Saturday's Sale-A-Bration blog hop!

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. THis is fantastic Tina, I love all that stitching, I so can't stitch but love the effect, so bought myself a basic machine to learn on ha ha ha, I love how you have stitched in circles, it looks great,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.