Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Layout 11: January

Hi!

Today's layout is the first in a series - one for every month of the year.  Last year I did a weekly 8x8 album where I recorded what my family did and the funny things that they said.  I didn't want to take on such a big project again this year, so I decided to do a monthly double layout instead.

Here's the layout.  I decided to go with a summery theme as we spent a lot of time swimming or outdoors during January.


Here's the left hand page.  I used one 4x6 photo as the main focus of the page, and then used smaller wallet sized photos for the rest.  I took inspiration from a layout by Lori Anderson in Creating Keepsakes magazine (page 66 Nov/Dec 2010 issue).  I loved the linear, grid like feel of her layout and thought it suited my purpose wonderfully.


I love the way that even though there are 17 photos on this layout there is still plenty of white space and the layout doesn't look cluttered at all.


Once again I took inspiration from Creating Keepsakes magazine for the suns.  Megan Klauer used them on her layout on page 100 of the January 2011 issue.  The top circle is raised on Dimensionals for a little added interest.  Each section is sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to help it pop.


Ink: Peach Parfait Marker, Chocolate Chip
DSP/ Card Stock: Greenhouse Gala DSP, Peach Parfait Textured 12x12, Whisper White
Other: Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Circle Punches and Circle Cutter, Chipboard Alphabet

Catch you later,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great double layout Tina, and a fab way to display lots of pictures, excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea for a monthly layout - what a fabulous album it will be to look back on at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.