Pages

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Scrapping Precious Photos

Hi!

A few years ago I was given a copy of a photo of my mum when she was a very little girl. It's been floating around in a box in my photo cupboard ever since. I just wasn't sure what to do with it. I never found a frame that was suitable and I wanted to do it justice. I finally decided I was going to scrap it, but it took another couple of months to get up the courage to do it. I've never scrapped with old photos before and I wanted to get it right.

Last night was the night to take the plunge! I had been playing with some Perfect Plum on a different project and thought it would look good with the black and white photo. I used the following sketch from the Art With Heart team challenge for May:



I know it's meant to be a card, but I thought it would work nicely with the photo I had. Here's my layout:



Isn't it a great picture of my mum? Here's a close up of the photo and journaling:



The journaling reads: "This is one of my favourite photos of my mum. Taken at Christmas 1949, I think it captures great wisdom in such a young, innocent face. Beautiful!"

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum Marker
Card Stock: Close To Cocoa 12x12, Very Vanilla, Pale Plum
Other: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Timeless Type Alphabet Die, 1/4" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips

Close to Cocoa and Pale Plum are retiring at the end of August. If you need to stock up on card stock, markers, ink pads and reinkers, do it sooner rather than later. The US is already running out of some colours and it won't be long before Australia does too!

Catch you later,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. lovely layout Tina, and a really great photo, well done,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Tina, this is just so beautiful, so classy and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.